400 George V, Lachine, QC, H8S 2R7
Hot-dip galvanizing is a sustainable process which enables you to enhance the durability of your steel, regardless of its shape or size, making it maintenance-free for decades.
With hot-dip galvanization, steel of virtually any shape is immersed into molten zinc at 450° C, resulting in a metallurgically bonded zinc alloy coated with pure zinc that resists corrosion, shock — and the test of time.
The zinc coating provides a barrier between the steel or iron substrate and the environment, protecting against corrosion caused by moisture, oxygen, and other elements.
Hot-dip galvanized coatings can last for decades without maintenance or repair, making it a cost-effective solution for long-term protection.
Unlike other coatings that require periodic maintenance and repair, hot-dip galvanized coatings require minimal maintenance, reducing the overall cost of ownership.
Zinc is a naturally occurring element and hot-dip galvanization is a sustainable process that produces minimal waste and can be recycled at the end of its useful life.
• Galvanizing is the sustainable solution preferred by Architects and Engineers.
• Galvanizing offers the most durable method of corrosion protection for steel and rebars.
• Galvanized coatings offer the optimal solution to reduce maintenance operations for over 100years.
• Galvanized coatings eliminate the premature replacement of steel products.
• Galvanizing is a key contributor to the reduction of the whole life carbon footprint of a structure and components by reducing the embodied carbon of construction.
• Galvanization combines highly recyclable steel and zinc into a durable alloy, aligned with global targets in achieving a circular economy by preserving raw materials as valuable assets.
• Hot-dip galvanization does not require the use of chemicals that are harmful to the environment, reducing the carbon footprint.
You decided on steel: excellent choice! Steel is a material known for its strength and versatility, but upon galvanization it becomes even more stronger and durable. With a long-lasting maintenance-free finish, enjoy the benefits of galvanized steel for decades, all while keeping costs and sustainability in mind. Trust Corbec for all your galvanizing needs.
From shipped to galvanized in the shortest timeframe, with scientific precision, and open communication.
All steel that arrives at our plants is subject to a thorough inspection for proper drainage, venting and hooking requirements.
In this critical step, your steel is thoroughly cleaned and rinsed in different stages to remove contaminants and ensure the zinc will react with ever part of the surface, resulting in a uniform layer that maximizes protection and durability.
There are 3 steps in the Surface preparation process.
The steel is submerged in a bath of molten zinc until it reaches 450° C (840° F). At this point, the zinc reacts with the steel to form zinc/iron intermetallic layers on all surfaces, inside and out. Unlike paint, which is a surface coating, the zinc forms a lasting chemical bond with the steel.
We take pride in our work and guarantee all applications meet 75-100 years of protection (in a normal environment) under the ASTM A123 standard. That translates to roughly one year of protection per micron of coating thickness.
Optimally located, and equipped with Canada’s largest kettles, our facilities are perfectly positioned to deliver galvanized steel at scale.
400 George V, Lachine, QC, H8S 2R7
50 Rue de Lisbonne, St-Augustin-de-Desmaures, QC, G3A 0M6
160 Joseph-Zatzman Dr. Dartmouth, NS, B3B 1P1
22 Ambitious Court, Hannon, ON, L0R 1P0
Here’s what you can expect when working with us – from choosing the perfect materials to preparing your galvanized steel for the next stages.
Corbec complies with the industry’s most stringent quality and sustainability protection standards, including ASTM International (formerly, American Society for Testing and Materials) and CSA (Canadian Standards Association).
We are also members of prominent industry organizations in Canada and beyond.